Panchakarma in India
Panchakarma today is more popular than ever in India thanks to familiarizing of people with the culture of the east and the popularization of their lifestyle, methods of treatment and numerous procedures aimed at health maintaining.
Mysterious India tempted the crowds of pilgrims, practicing Ayurveda and just people who wanted to make changes into their ordinary life, with its soft shrouding warmth at all times. The lands of India have given both a lot of various well-being meditative practices and effective methods of treatment and health maintenance. It seems the nature itself stimulates to start changing your life.
The date of Panchakarma appearance is not known exactly, but it is still actively used by local healers not only in India, but also in Burma, Nepal and Indonesia. All Ayurvedic healing techniques including Panchakarma are not aimed at symptoms decreasing but for desease treatment.
Panchakarma is translated from sanscrit as “five actions” or “five procedures”.
In India, the science of cosmogony, as well as meditative and recreational practices is based on five elements. According to ancient writings everything in the wordly and spiritual life of a person is connected with magical number “five”.
Real Panchakarma in India is a set of procedures consisting of the following important steps:
- At the starting step a patient passes Vamana under steadfast control of Ayurvedic physician. This is a complete body detoxification, which is carried out using a unique oiling, steaming and sweating. Even on this stage the client can stop treatment if he is disturbed with lung troubles including asthma, psoriasis and skin diseases.
- Next stage is Virechan. According to the Vedas, every person belongs to one of the three types of Doshas. The second step is aimed at balancing the dosha of a particular patient with a specially prepared laxative. Everybody knows the cow is a sacred animal in India and it is deeply honoured by local residents. Fresh milk for Indians is a real sacred chrism, actively used for therapeutic purposes. A unique composition of species and milk gives the possibility to the doctor to normilize energy balance and to “remove” heartburn, heat and fever.
- Vasti means the use of a special cleansing enema with honey, oils and herbs. Composition is chosen extremely individually in any specific case. After this procedure, the correct flow of energy within the channels is recovered. The client feels alleviation at rheumatism, paralyses, arthritis and coprostasias.
- Next, the physician proceeds to Nasya – the effects on the nose, throat, sinuses and head. The client is driven to plentiful perspiration with massage movements. Massages are performed with oil-herbal mixtures. This step effects on sinusitis, rhinitis and other paranasal sinuses extremely. After the fourth stage, everyone is able to feel free breathing and incredible lightness in the body.
- The final step is Rakta Moksha This method was also described in the ancient Indian treatises and implies bloodletting. According to Sushruta, in a such way it is possible to release toxins from the body.
Special aspects of the Panchakarma in India courses
Panchakarma courses are not recommended insistently to carry out individually in home conditions. The procedure is a complex process consisting of several dozen sessions. That is why it is better to go to Indian Panchakarma cliniques for the course treatment.
Before starting treatment, the client is prescribed a cleaning procedure in the form of steam baths, relaxing Ayurvedic massages and deep hours-long sleep.
Also, a week before Panchakarma, the physician individually develops a diet food, which necessarily includes rice and ghee.
It everything helps to reach maximum effect for the short time and promotes treatment of chronic diseases that are not within Western medicine power. Panchakarma in India is the key to health and longevity!